Saturday, February 26, 2011

Success!

Well, I know that I said I would post this on Wednesday, but a girl with a full time job, a new-ish husband and a tv schedule (...cough, cough..I mean work out schedule)  is very busy! Anyways, I'm sure if you read my last post, you already guessed. I finally found success with my holy grail, Madeleines.  No Alps this time; no dry cornbread taste. Hooray!  I took pictures, just to prove it!









No Mountain Range This Time
Normal Rounded Backs



Consistent Shape and Texture




Decorated and Ready to Eat.

My secret? I used a recipe out of a baking book, not a cookbook. If you must know, it was Baking with Julia that saved me from food/blogging humiliation. Luckily, I don't have to hang up my apron and keyboard just yet. .

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! That's so exciting!! I'm so glad you got it right, that must be so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, yay! Third time's the charm :)

    ReplyDelete

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!