Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Salad is Golden (Raisin That Is)

Knowing that you're going to be in a bathing suit in 12 days has a funny way of making salad seem like the most crave-able dinner of all time. Not that I'm keeping track or anything, but here is a list of things that I have not eaten at school in the past two weeks out of my selfish desire not to look like I've been indoors with no sun exposure shoveling pot roast into my mouth for the last 5 months. 

1. Huge brownies with chocolate chip cookies baked into them
2. Chocolate glazed  cake that looked like a huge donut
3. Chocolate cupcakes with Spiderman frosting
4. Oreos, root beer, and homemade cookies left over from a party my 4th class had in 3rd period

 In addition, here's a list of things on my body that are in pain from working out just about every day for what seems like forever. 

1. My right big toe
2. My left elbow
3. Both of my shoulder joints
4. My hamstrings
5. My calves (but only when I walk or stand...or move)
6. My baaaack. Oh my back! Need.  massage.  now. 


In the end, the salad that I made tonight was actually really good. Surprisingly, the croutons satisfied my need for bread and salt and the raisins were nice and sweet. Here is the list of ingredients:
  • 1 bag of organic spinach leaves
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped red onion
  • 3 tablespoons of organic feta cheese
  • a handful (1/4 cup?) of golden raisins
  • a smattering of poppy seed dressing 
  • A handful of croutons










And for dinner tomorrow??? Salad!


1 comment:

  1. I hope with summer coming up you will be posting more again!!

    ReplyDelete

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!