Saturday, September 11, 2010

You had what for dinner?

Last night Greg and I went to the driving range after he got home from work. Afterward, we were both starving and I had seen a waffle commercial on TV before I left the house, so we went to the Double T Diner for some breakfast/dinner food. Just going in there brought back so many memories of late nights after getting into mischief in high school and college. I almost felt somewhat rebellious eating my Belgian waffle and bacon for dinner at 9:00 PM with my college sweetheart. It was kind of a romantic way to start our anniversary weekend. (One year married on Sunday).

Since I didn't bring my camera, I'll do my best impression of the night...


 My waffle looked like this, and had bacon on the side.



Greg had country fried steak and eggs with gravy.


I dipped my bacon in his gravy. It was so yummy and sinful. I was definitely living on the edge.


Just for a romantic stroll down memory lane, here are some pictures from when Greg and I were in college. We still look like babies in some of these!


Playing cards for $1at Notre Dame.


This is the first year we were together. There was a huge blizzard that snowed us in for days while home on winter break. Greg walked in the blizzard to my house and "accidentally" got stuck there for several days. Here he is still frost-bitten.



Not a great pic, but one of my favs. It was our first Easter together.



At Greg's parents' house. We have a lot of pictures from this night for some reason. His mom must have had the camera out.

So young! I don't even remember taking this picture, but it must have been winter because I'm pale as a ghost and I'm wearing the first J.Crew sweater that I ever bought. (On sale I might add)


Our backpacking trip when we were about 19 or 20. This started our big birthday celebration tradition.

Thanksgiving 2003. In two months it will have been 7 years since then. It really feels like this just happened. Where does the time go?

Thanks for reading my thoughts about strolling down memory lane and bacon dipped in gravy, my best flavor combination to date.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw you were going to post pictures from the beginning of your relationship and was calling y'all babies, I was like "There is no way they changed that much! They still look the same!" But oh gosh you more than Greg have changed so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It seems like yesterday, but we look just like kids! Greg said that I have aged much more than he has. He thinks he still looks the same. What a sweetie that guy is. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!