Thursday, September 9, 2010

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezey

 Now that school has started again, I'm finding myself looking for simpler and quicker recipes. If you're in the same boat, here are some things that you might like.

Lettuce from a box


 Once again, I neglected the veggies in my planning this week, but luckily I had purchased a box, yes a box, of lettuce at the store on Sunday. It was super easy to use because it also came pre-cut and pre-washed (and was only $1.50 from Safeway). It tasted so much more fresh than the salad from a bag. For this knife and fork salad I used two whole romaine leaves, red onion, garlic croutons, and Caesar dressing. How simple was that?
 





I have made the following dish twice recently. Greg likes it (almost) as much as the Shrimp and Orzo. It is inexpensive, quick, easy, and delicious. I already had most of the ingredients in my cupboard.

Ingredients:

  • 4 4-ounce beef cubed steaks
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup of chopped onion
  • 1 minced garlic clove
  • 1 14.5 ounce can tomatos with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
  • 1 10.75-ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 3 cups of hot cooked noodles





First brown the cube steaks on both sides in hot oil.Then set aside and add the garlic, mushrooms, and onion to your pan.


Cook until the onion is tender. Then stir in the can of tomatoes with the juice and the mushroom soup. Return the steaks to the skillet, turning to coat them in the sauce. I bury them in the skillet under all of the sauce. Then, bring to boiling; reduce heat, and simmer covered for about 30 mins. I only simmered mine for about 15 minutes, but I only used two steaks.  Also, I added pepper to the recipe for more flavor.

Serve with noodles. 




Take a look at some other things that can make cooking so much easier!

Start saving your pocket change for this little sucker

My bestie, Melanie, might like this automatic cake decorator.

I must be an uber-nerd but this mat would make perfect sized pie crusts every time!

Hmmm, cool idea!

2 comments:

  1. One word: Yum!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to stop going through your old posts. I'm getting sooo incredibly hungry.

    ReplyDelete

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!