Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chicken: Not Just the Plain White Sneaker Anymore.


I think chicken is the plain white sneaker of dinner. "Can't we have chicken in a more interesting way?!" I recently said to myself. Why, yes. It is quite possible. Here are two chicken meals that I made in the last few weeks. While not fancy stilettos, these two meals were at least an interesting change: A funky platform or espadrille maybe?


This is Chicken Cordon Bleu, which was a new recipe for me. It is stuffed with honey glazed ham slices and Swiss cheese. I flattened the chicken breast by beating it with a crab mallet. What can I say? I'm a hard-core Marylander. No meat tenderizer, no problem.






This is Chicken Breast stuffed with Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus




















To all you fellow Marylanders out there, get out your mallets (I know you have a drawer of them) and beat some chicken! What other fun things can you stuff in chicken? The possibilities are endless.

By the way, I can't wait to share my baking news with you tomorrow. Here's a hint: Third time's a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!