Friday, May 6, 2011

School Night

 It's true, I was out past my bedtime on a school night last night. Well, technically I wasn't out. My wild night was spent right at home with some of my favorites: fantastic friends, my man, the pups, cocktails, and pizza. My friend Giselle was home from California (what a pleasant surprise) and Amanda braved yet another night in the Davis dining room. We started the night armed with Margaritas and plenty to gab about. Greg was thoughtful enough to leave us to our gossiping ways for a few hours, while he hit golf balls at the driving range.  Two hours flew by, and before we knew it, it was time to prepare dinner. It was a total group effort, which was such a treat for me. It was fun to have so many great cooks all helping out. (I'm not as much of a tyrant  in the kitchen as you might think). We made pizzas from scratch and they were delicious. We put on the toppings we wanted and scarfed down almost three whole pizzas between the four of us! Granted - it was 10:00 at night by the time we took them out of the oven, and we were all starving. But it was worth the wait, nevertheless.

Kneading




Adding the toppings



Sausage and green pepper




 Green pepper, onion, and mushroom. This was my favorite. So yummy!!




Sausage


The ladies all together!


The aftermath

It was wonderful to have such lovely friends over. The pizza and tequila didn't hurt either. I'll admit, 5:00 came pretty early this morning, but it was nothing a hot shower couldn't remedy. I was in a great mood all day, especially knowing I had leftovers waiting in the fridge at home! I can't wait to have another gathering...even if it is on a school night.



Thanks for reading my thoughts about food and  friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!