Monday, November 29, 2010

Not in the Mood...

...To cook! What did you think I was going to say?! I'm not getting that personal, this is just a food blog after all.  I haven't been in the mood to cook recently, for some reason.  I guess I've been adding up the fat content of some of my meals lately and....well, this may come as a shock, but it's pretty hard to cook a gourmet meal every night and stay thin. I'm just putting that out there. I've been running at least 3 times a week, but all it seems to do is barely balance out the pasta and homemade pies and cookies that I've eaten during the day. Who has the energy to run 10 miles just so you can eat chicken in butter sauce over linguine, which you have to spend another hour in the kitchen making anyhow?!!

While I try to get back my previous holiday inspiration, I'll show you some of the things that I have been dragging myself into the kitchen to make....

Tandori-Style Chicken 















The spices I used were: Cayenne Pepper, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Ginger, and Curry Powder









Chicken Pot Pie


I made this with a bag of mixed veggies, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and Pillsbury crescent rolls. Is that cheating?

Sage Pork Chops with Apple Slaw and Yam Chips








I never made my Turkey Roulade for Thanksgiving, although it would have been twice as much turkey as anyone would have wanted, but I still feel disappointed. I couldn't find all of the ingredients, and I was in my downward spiral of decreasing motivation. Maybe I'll work on making it for Christmas, once I get my holiday cheer back in order. We'll see. For now, I'm just taking it one dinner at a time. I'm making spaghetti tonight and pot roast tomorrow. Thank goodness for crock pots!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and THANKS for reading my thoughts about food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!