Monday, August 30, 2010

My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens... These are a few of my favorite things. Tonight I made my favorite recipe, Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms.While cooking dinner, I snacked on my favorite part of the meal, the mushrooms! Yum! Way too good. If I had a choice between chocolate cake and mushrooms, well...that would be tough, but you get the point.





Question: In my cookbook, it says not to wash mushrooms, but to brush any debris off of them. As you can see, there certainly was debris. I brushed it off, but I'll admit, there was still some residue. Should I be concerned by this? I'm not really opposed to eating dirt (that sounds weird) as I am kind of a nature freak and worship anything from nature. Dirt is from nature, ergo it is fine...right?


Love.


I may need to work on my knife skills a bit.


It's a sin how much butter and cream was used in the making of this dish. (I used two tablespoons here, not five)  : )

I can't handle how good.





I took the browned chicken out and used 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar to loosen the browned bits from the pan. Then I added 1.5 cups of whipping cream and brought it to a boil. Then it simmered for 2-3 minutes uncovered.

3 tablespoons of capers were added with the cream. I use about 2 tbsps because Greg doesn't love them, and I think they can be a little overbearing.


Then I added the mushrooms back in to re-warm. I added peas, for a veggie. I've also used asparagus which goes great with this dish as well.



This is definitely a favorite in our house. I make it once or twice a month. I made it for some of my favorite friends,  Jade and Melanie, a few weeks ago for a friends dinner.


Some things that might be my favorites one day:
For now I'll just drool.

 I want to make Madeleines in the worst way since my post about my sisters trip to France.


I am still thinking about the Turkey Roulade that I can't wait to make for Thanksgiving, but I'll need some kitchen twine. Look at this cute acorn holder.



I think I would cook much better wearing this or this.


Even the name of this birdie bungalow dishtowel sounds like an instant favorite.


Enjoy! Thanks for reading my thoughts about food and some of my favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!