Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Word for Delicious...

I looked up some synonyms for the word delicious today. I realized that I've been horribly overusing the word, and like all things that are overused (your most comfortable pair of jeans, an old toothbrush, a dog's squeaky toy) it's just getting worn out. However, I discovered that there aren't, in fact, any words that mean just that: delicious. Some words get close. Delectable, tasty, scrumptious, are all nice, but none get the job done just right. Delectable doesn't really roll off the tongue too easily and scrumptious sounds too Aunt Jemimah for my taste. Yes, there are other words, but I wouldn't necessarily be thrilled if someone said, "oh Allison, your Turkey Roulade is just toothsome!" Divine is nice, but not specific enough. A nice gesture, for instance, might be considered divine. Just washed bedsheets can be heavenly, and a good back scratch can be gratifying. Other than delicious, yummy was the next best choice, but what self-respecting want-to-be cook says "yummy" all the time? No, I think delicious will just have to do. Sorry for the redundancy, but my overused, worn out word will be just fine.   
 


My midday snack:  I spread olive oil and basil on some french bread and sliced some sweet, firm tomatoes. 



Then toasted them up!


Some fresh mozzarella on top...


 

Melted in the oven with a sprinkle of basil, and oh so delicious! A perfect lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Put the striped bass plus baking bed linen
    during the cookware and be sure to envision any pre-heated heater to ensure that temperatures happen to be in
    dominance. The reason why this kind lightweight
    kitchen appliance, increasingly appropriate must be
    like easy-view clear glass door. Torpedo absent extra pounds, combined with summer suffering from pepper and salt.
    Most important, if you find your individual cast iron should be removed comfortably as well
    as re-seasoned never fret about.

    Also visit my web page; biggest toaster ovens

    ReplyDelete

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!