Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oktoberfest- Davis Style

I had grand ideas of having our very own Oktoberfest right here in the Davis household. But, we ended up downgrading a little bit. I made Bratwursts, and Sauerkraut. But the potato dumplings and German beer that I had planned to pull together this week ended up as boiled red potatoes and a Miller Lite. Just being home together snuggled up on the couch watching the most recent Harry Potter movie together made the night just fine in my book. 



First I browned the Bratwursts. Then I dumped them and the sauerkraut into a crock pot with some beer, pepper, and a few sprinkles of hot sauce. I let them cook for a few hours while I went to the Severna park / Glen Burnie football game, and when I came back, we had our own little German feast. I boiled some red potatoes and just put some salt, butter, and sauerkraut on top. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!