Monday, June 6, 2011

10 Things You May Not Know about Me and Food



1. I will try (almost) anything once. I have eaten  kangaroo steak on a stick and once I ate a baby octopus whole.

2. I would love to have a vegetable garden, but I know everything would die. The only things that I've been able to keep alive are two dogs and a fish....and a husband.


3. Even though I try to eat healthy, comfort food is my wheelhouse. My favorite foods are: chocolate cake  macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, chocolate mousse, and homemade cookies.

4. In college we had a dining hall kitchen that made pretty decent food (which I totally miss!) but no one liked it except me. All my friends would have Lucky Charms or salad for dinner and I'd be eating roasted stuffed peppers and Eggplant Parmesan.


5. I mess up nearly all of the recipes I try for the first time. After half-whisking in an incorrect ingredient I will usually look up and say in all seriousness, "do you think I can get that back out?"

6. I CRAVE corn flakes with sugary hot milk from the summers I spent on mission trips to Honduras. I also crave the frozen chocolate covered bananas from those trips.

7. The best tamale I ever had was at an orphanage in Mexico.   To. die. for.

8. When I was a baby, apparently, I ate dog food out of my grandparent's golden retriever's dish. They would have to put it on the counter when I came over.

9. I hate olives and I don't really like bacon. Both are too salty.

10. The worst cooking mistake I ever made was putting broccoli in a slow cooker for an entire day. Horrible outcome.

10b.Scratch that, the worst cooking mistake I ever made was buying fish that still had the scales on one side, and then trying to get them off with a spoon...then a knife...then a cheese grater... then just calling my grandmother...then Greg coming home and almost throwing up seeing me wrestling a half mutilated fish over the kitchen sink Golom-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!