Monday, June 13, 2011

Satay


 This is my new favorite dinner. It has the best combination of qualities. It takes ten minutes to make, and it tastes absolutely delicious! I get chicken tenders (or breasts and cut them into slices) that is free-range, hormone free, etc. I put the chicken in a Ziploc with about a teaspoon or so of curry powder and some canola oil. (Just a few drops). I also added a tiny shake of cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and about a clove or two of minced garlic. I let it marinate in the fridge for about an hour, then stick it on skewers and grill it up on the Foreman. Then, I used some Thai peanut dipping sauce that was absolutely to die for. I just slightly heated it and put it on the side.








On the side, I made some pad Thai and added broccoli. Pad Thai is also really easy to make and you can put in anything that you want. I soaked rice noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, then heated a dab of oil in my wok with some garlic and onion. Once the noodles were soft, I tossed them in the wok, added a tablespoon of fish sauce and two tablespoons of soy sauce, and then the steamed broccoli. I tossed it all on high heat until the noodles absorbed all of the liquid. Right before serving I drizzled about 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil on the top. I would have loved to have added crumbled peanuts for texture, but all I had was almonds, so I threw a few in anyways. (I don't think anyone noticed the difference after a bottle of wine). I also would have love to chop some green onion for the top, but mine were way too wilted, so I skipped it. I have a recipe to make my own peanut sauce, which I might try, but sometimes you don't want to mess with a good thing. The sauce I used is from Thai Kitchen and is so amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I've never gotten mine to taste quite right. Turns out I wasn't adding the cinnamon. Eager to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's the ingredient you were looking for!

    ReplyDelete

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!